This is to advise you of the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of BIA. The details of this meeting are as follows:
Monday 7th November 2022
Open from 6.00pm and commencing at: 6.30pm
Barkly Square 25-39 Barkly Street Ballarat East Lecture Theatre – Ground Floor (Enter from side entrance).
- the agenda for this meeting: 20221107 BIA AGM Agenda
- the minutes of the last annual general meeting: BIA AGM 2021 Meeting Minutes – 15th November 2021
- nomination form for BIA Committee of Management positions (refer directions below).
At the meeting, paid members will have the opportunity to:
- find out about BIA’s operations and finances
- ask questions about the operations and finances of the BIA
- speak about any items on the agenda
At the meeting, paid members will be asked to VOTE (if required) to:
- accept the minutes of the last annual general meeting
- accept the annual report (The BIA’s yearly report to members, documenting its activities and finances in the previous financial year).
- accept the auditor’s report
- accept the annual financial statements
- appoint an auditor for the next financial year
- elect Committee of Management.
BIA Committee of Management Position Nominations:
- Nominations for positions on the Committee of Management must be submitted on the completed nomination form link here: 20221107 BIA AGM Committee Nomination Form.
- Nominations must be received no later than 7 days before the AGM by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post to BIA Admin Officer, PO Box 167, Ballarat, VIC 3353.
RSVP Attendance for AGM:
Following the AGM business please join us for light refreshments. Please RSVP your attendance and any specific food requirements for catering purposes by 12:00 noon on 3rd November 2022 by:
- Selecting your seat via this ticket link https://www.trybooking.com/CDJRO
COVIDSafe AGM Requirements:
The event venue conforms to Victoria’s COVIDsafe settings, please stay up to date with the current requirements to staying ahead of COVID-19. Full details can be obtained here: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/. Summary of details listed below:
Follow these steps before and while you attend a small or large gathering:
- ensure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccination
- take a rapid antigen test if you are visiting someone who is at a high-risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- stay home if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- maintain a physical distance of 1.5m from each other
- wear a face mask in a space (indoor or outdoor) where you cannot physically distance
- spend more time outdoors than indoors. Avoid poorly ventilated spaced, crowded indoor settings and prolonged contact with others
- clean your hands with soap and water regularly. Carry a hand sanitiser with you
- always cover your cough and sneeze into a tissue or a bent elbow
- keep a note of people you have visited in a gathering so you can contact them in case you get COVID-19.
When to wear a face mask in Victoria
We strongly recommend wearing a mask if you:
- are on public transport, in taxis/rideshare services and in tourism vehicles
- are in an indoor setting
- can’t physically distance, such as at entry or exit points to large events
- have any COVID-19 symptoms, though you should remain home, or
- are with people who may be vulnerable to COVID-19.
People who are at risk of severe COVID illness are encouraged to wear a mask whenever in public.